If my posts interest you and you would like to find out more about speech therapy, you can visit these websites:
- American Speech-language Hearing Association– ASHA is the accreditation association for speech-language pathologists, audiologists, and speech/language/hearing scientists.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics– This website measures labor market activity, prices in the economy, and much more. If you want to know the average salary of a speech therapist or any other profession, this is the website to go to.
- University of Michigan Health System– This website helps explain what a speech/language disorder is and how you might be able to tell if someone has one.
- UA Speech and Hearing Center– This is the University of Alabama’s official speech and hearing center website. It tells you office hours, services they perform, what disorders actually are, and much more.
- Explore Health Careers– Similar to the ASHA website, it gives you an overview of what a speech therapist is, requirements, and resources.